Sep 6, 2009

More backtrack- updating

I ran the Wasatch Woman Love Your Body 10K with some friends. It was a hard race! I was so thirsty the whole time. There was a family in their front yard taking turns hosing down the runners which really helped! I felt so dehydrated, tired, and dry. But I'm so glad we did it!


Crossing the finish line:


Todd and I went to Joe's Valley for a day. It was great- good climbing (and not too difficult for me all the time like some climbing areas :) I did my first V4 outside- called Pimpin' Jeans.
This V2 problem wasn't hard but it was scary- if I fell I would have landed in the river:

Todd sending Pocket Rocket, V6:

We took a trip to Lake Powell with Becca, Brooke, Jake, and Curtis. It was great fun- perfect weather and lots of playing. We hiked to rainbow bridge and through Antelope canyon, wake boarded, cliff jumped, rock climbed, etc. Five days wasn't long enough, that's for sure.
Antelope canyon- simply amazing! So beautiful.

I got to try my hand at slot-canyon photographing, which made the hike four times more fun for me!


Sunrise (yes I actually rolled out of bed before noon on vacation)

Don't worry, Todd will hold the arch up:

Brooke's arms got tired so she used her teeth instead:

I really face-planted after this attempted jump. Can you see the fear in my eyes for what's ahead?
Here's the group in the canyon:
Powell is so breathtaking.

0 comments: