Mar 23, 2013
I've been completing items on my list, here is an update.
1. I took swim lessons
2. I've been skiing twice and really enjoyed it! I think skiing and I have a bright future.
3. I skinned up the mountain on a split board and back country boarded. To be honest I didn't like it and I was really terrible at it.
6. I did a duathalon and will do a post about it.
12. We camped in Moab with Avery. Loved it.
Mar 20, 2013
This is really a good presentation.
Top 5 Myths and Truths About Why Committed Mormons Leave the Church:
I think every Mormon should watch this if they know someone who is no longer active and wonder why.
I've been meaning to post this for 2 months now...
I've gone back to work. I work Thursdays (Avery stays at my sister's) and Fridays (Todd stays home with Avery.) I cried the first several times I left her because I just love her so much that it hurts to leave.
Here's why I do it:
1. I really appreciate my time at home on the days I don't work.
2. Todd and Avery get a whole day alone together.
3. Avery is learning to love her cousins and be independent from her parents.
4. I feel like a productive person while I'm at work, and I am now more productive at home too.
5. I get to socialize with adults.
6. My nuclear medicine license stays active.
7. I get paid.
It is honestly really good for me.
That being said, this week I have been working full time covering for a co-worker and I hate it.
Trying to operate 40 hours a week on very little sleep, and being away from my baby this much is not good for me. I am so lucky I don't have to do this all the time.
Mar 11, 2013
Mar 5, 2013
My sister convinced me to make a list f 31 things to do before I turn 31. I've been trying to come up with unique and interesting things that I can look back on some day and say, "Aaahhh, I remember those 31 things. What a great idea that was."
So far I've come up with these:
1. Take swim lessons
2. Learn to ski
3. Ski back country (I've always been afraid of this!)
4. Hike Lone Peak
5. Hike Twin Peaks
6. Do a duathalon
7. Take a cooking class
8. Buy my dream home
9. Fix up my dream home because I'll probably have to buy a less expensive scummy house and make it my own
10. Visit my sister in Vernal every couple months
11. Take Avery to the beach
12. Take Avery desert camping
This is about as far as I have come. Any suggestions??