May 20, 2011

Riding in the Rain

.
















I picked the wrong week to start riding my bike to work.
Actually, I didn't have a choice- my car was in the shop and it sounded better than sharing a car- with our crazy and random schedules.

It's been an incredibly wet year. Everyone's worried about the pending floods that are sure to ruin basements galore when it heats up enough to melt the snow. I rode my bike (and trax one-way) to and from work through the rain for a couple days. It was very wet. And the 100 minute ride home involved climbing a fence (with my bike) trudging through mud puddles in construction sites on busy roads, getting lost and backtracking multiple times, and a $40 bill from the car-repair guy for "having no idea what's wrong" with my car. [This is after I paid him $850 last week for a repair that I "may not have needed."]) Awesome.

Needless to say, my bottom is bruised from the darn bike seat and I'm relieved to have my car back! But I think I'll start biking once or twice a week... when the weather warms up and dries out.

And seriously, it was kinda fun. :) And I'm just really glad that I can afford a $890 bill right now.  It could be worse!

1 comments:

Bethany Wiggins said...

The picture is awesome. I'm biking in the evenings with Grace and my poor butt is soooooo sore!