Jul 25, 2011

Bedroom Update

I've refinished a bed for our room (now we need a bigger mattress.)  Also a few more finishing touches.

Photobucket

Close up of the new painting:

Photobucket

Photobucket

And... Todd was out of town all weekend, and I'd found a cabinet at a garage sale, so I installed a cabinet myself!  It took me 6 hours between watching youtube videos, measuring and remeasuring, and trips to Lowe's.  And the darn thing was very heavy- difficult to lift, hold against wall, level for accuracy, draw lines with pencil, and drill at the same time.  All while standing on a toilet.  But I love it- and I'm proud of it! :)
I also got a road bike for 5 bucks and... can you believe it... I took it apart myself and fixed the brakes and tires!  I'm a whiz when Todd is gone.  Probably because I can't bug him to do all the hard stuff for me.

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Richins Family said...

ummm wow you are amazing! i can't believe you did all of that! you rock! i LOVE the new paintings you did. i wish i had that talent! and i really really like your bedframe! good work britta!

Bethany Wiggins said...

Wow! I need to do something like that to my dresser. You're amazing!