Mar 28, 2012

Moab, Arches, and Canyonlands oh my

Todd and I tried out road biking for the first time around Moab last weekend. 
It was awesome!  I never fell off my bike or got stuck in the clip-in pedals. 
And it didn't hurt my back, as everything else seems to do...

Photobucket

Here I am, ever the photographer.  Notice the baby bump :) 
(Who am I kidding my stomach has always looked like that ha ha)
Photobucket
My camera was acting funny and only captured half of this photo.  At least it was the top half.
Photobucket

Todd got some good bouldering in at the Big Bend boulders.  Here he is on Circus Trick, which was more difficult to come down from than climb up.  He had to jump off the boulder because there was no other way down.
Photobucket

We biked through part of Arches and Canyonlands and camped in the "overflow" dirt patch with dozens of other tightly packed campers. 
 
Canyonlands is amazing!

Photobucket

Photobucket
 
We drove home during an incredible sunset.  It made the drive go faster.
Photobucket

Photobucket
All in all it was a great trip. I love Moab!

1 comments:

Nanette said...

Holy amazing photos!
Yeah, we are insane and are taking a 1 1/2 year old to the Middle East. We're going with Emily and Tyler and their 2 kids. It is going to be quite the adventure. I'm most worried that because of the time change, Lily will never sleep. We'll see!

I had an abnormally easy pregnancy. During my first trimester, and the last few weeks of my 3rd trimester, I was so tired I thought I was going to die. The rest of the time, the only difference was a growing stomach, and not being able to waterski. When I did the 100 mile ride, I think I was about 5 months along, and felt totally normal. If it had been during my first trimester there would've been NO way! I swear all I did for the first trimester was sleep. If you're looking for a good book, check out "exercising through your pregnancy" by James Clapp. It's all about the science of exercising during pregnancy, if you're interested. It totally motivated me to do stuff, since it's so good for the baby. Although, Jared blames Lily's nonstop personality on the amount of running I did while I was pregnant. :)

Whoah, sorry this turned into such a long comment.