Mar 3, 2012

The Valley of Fire

I've been begging Todd to "take me away" for months now, and finally the weather, our schedules, and our sewer line cooperated and let us have the time.
Ever since I heard about the Valley of Fire by Vegas I've had it in mind, so we headed down there for the weekend.

The light from Vegas kept the horizon pink all night.

The roller-coaster ride into the park

The entire area is covered with red rock and slot canyons. 
I love this stuff.

3,000 year old petroglyphs

We got really hot hiking, so we drove to Lake Mead for a freezing swim.

Ever-the-climber Todd inspecting possible future routes


We stayed up late each night to take pictures of the stars (thanks Todd!)

Todd stands between two of the finest things in life: a Lamborghini and a '98 Honda Civic.

I was there too :)
I'm pretty bad at taking pictures of myself since I love being behind the camera so much.


Moe's Valley bouldering.  This was our first time here- we loved it!

0 comments: