Mar 20, 2013

Back To Work

I've been meaning to post this for 2 months now...
I've gone back to work.  I work Thursdays (Avery stays at my sister's) and Fridays (Todd stays home with Avery.)  I cried the first several times I left her because I just love her so much that it hurts to leave.

Here's why I do it:
1. I really appreciate my time at home on the days I don't work.
2. Todd and Avery get a whole day alone together.
3. Avery is learning to love her cousins and be independent from her parents.
4. I feel like a productive person while I'm at work, and I am now more productive at home too.
5. I get to socialize with adults. 
6. My nuclear medicine license stays active.
7. I get paid.

It is honestly really good for me.
That being said, this week I have been working full time covering for a co-worker and I hate it.
Trying to operate 40 hours a week on very little sleep, and being away from my baby this much is not good for me.  I am so lucky I don't have to do this all the time.

0 comments: