Nov 19, 2014

November 2014 House Updates

I haven't updated the blog with house projects in 7+ months...  Let me say the projects have slowed way down and I'm pretty burned out right now.  But I have managed to do some fun things over the months.
For my birthday I asked for new door hardware!  It makes such a huge difference from the nasty old hammered brass that came from the 70's.
Original handle.

I had to chisel out new openings for the door latches and fill the space around the new deadbolts.  Lots of work but worth it!

So much better!
We revamped our front flowerbed.  Wish I had a before-photo.  It was a small ugly rectangle with some dead plants.  I still have some final touches to make on this.
Come and stay a while on our swing!  Let's sip lemonade and tell stories. :)


I built a wall cabinet using a tutorial from www.shanty-to-chic.com  
No one should ever see the inside of someone else's bathroom cabinet (gross) but I had to show all the storage!  I love this thing and it cost me around $30.

We had the bathroom floors tiled!  Hooray!  It was only $300 for both of them.  But the tile guy left our doors off their hinges, he left the toilets in the showers so we couldn't use the toilets OR showers, he busted up our baseboards and wanted to charge $150 to tile new ones, and he didn't seal or caulk.  He also left the sewage lines open (you're supposed to stuff a towel in to prevent nasty gasses from entering the house.) We went on vacation and came home to a sewage smelling house and a ton of work.  Good thing I'm handy.

The original bathroom with nasty yellow linoleum floors

I hate the 70's counter above the toilet.  Yuck.  Some day I will rip that thing apart with glee.
Also, our light has a short in 2 of the bulbs.  I need to rewire it but blah, who wants to spend the evening rewiring lights you just put in??
I made a barn door to cover our closet/bathroom opening!  Finally I can stay asleep without bright lights bothering me while Todd gets ready for work in the morning! 
It cost me about $55 and I still need to find a way to cover up the rolling door hardware.  Ignore that part.
So much better! 


The LOVE sign.  People admire this beauty all the time.  I copied www.shanty-to-chic again to make it.  

We planted fruit trees!

And a lot of berries.

0 comments: