Feb 16, 2010














We climbed a multi-pitch route in Redrocks, Las Vegas called Frogland. It was unforgettable!

Eight pitches (we combined a couple) up exposed amazing creative rock, totaling about 1,000 feet. We started the day at 8:30 am, hiked to the cliff, climbed the cliff, and hiked down, making it to our car starving and exhausted around 7:00 pm.



Todd on the first pitch:




















Me on my way up. Can you tell how steep and high up we are?! These pictures don't come close to capturing the real thing. Oh man, I'll admit it: it was SCARY!















Right about here I had a meltdown because I was so scared. I felt like any wrong move and Todd and I would explode off the cliff, plunging to our deaths 600 feet below. I couldn't get over the height and exposure! Todd had to talk me through it. He helped a lot, but I'm not sure if I'll ever do one of these again.
Don't be fooled by my smile, it was all for the camera.


















Todd celebrating at the top. We survived!


Todd on the way down. I never feel such an overwhelming urge to survive and LIVE until I do something crazy like this.

1 comments:

Em said...

You guys are so adventurous! Glad you made it!