Apr 6, 2010

Moab!

We visited Moab last weekend to climb, camp, bike, and hike. Natalie and Harrison joined us for the climbing and camping. It was such a fun trip!!
















The multi-pitch climb Stolen Chimney on Ancient Art was particularly breathtaking and exciting- the pictures speak for themselves! Let me just say that it was very WINDY and each gust felt like it could sweep any of us off the cliff into the bowels of the earth! (Impossible considering we were tied to the cliff and each other, but still...) We each had to wait for the wind to die down before we could stand at the peak of the climb for the standard "I'm on top of the world" photo.














Here's me almost at the top:



















Todd on top of the world!












Natalie repelling off the cliff

The biking was so fun- I was surprised to find myself really enjoying a work out. I've been running way too much for my taste lately, and mostly dread the time I spend pounding pavement or on my treadmill. I'd say that mountain biking and I have a bright future :) My only complaint was that the first day of biking left me with such a bruised bottom that the second biking outing was equally incredibly painful and incredibly exhilarating. I basically rode standing up or "sitting" on my thigh for 13 bumpy miles mostly down hill and was quite relieved to reach the car and get off my bike seat.




4 comments:

Bethany Wiggins said...

HOly cow! What amazing pictures! You guys rock... no pun intended.

Bethany Wiggins said...

I showed your pictures to Griffin and Grace and they think you guys are some sort of spectacular dare-devils. I told them they are right!

Richins Family said...

HOLY COW BRITT :) wow you amaze me! it looks like fun...sort of :) it so beautiful :) miss you

Our Story said...

Oh Britta: You always do the COOLEST things! I live vicariously through you and Todd.