Apr 17, 2011

All things Crafty

This creative monster has emerged from inside me, and I'm loving all these projects I've been working on! I've been painting, crocheting, photographing, and I even refinished a dresser with my sister Tiff. Here are some of the latest things I've been working on.

It all started with wanting to copy the Starry Night by VanGogh- I LOVE that picture! So I bought supplies and surprised Todd with an "art night." He was a good sport and painted a portrait of the cat, lol.

The dining room AKA art studio:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Oops I didn't mean to upload this blurry one. Oh well.
Photobucket

The finales:
Photobucket

Photobucket

The cat checking out her portrait:
Photobucket

After I posted a photo of my Starry Night ripoff my brother-in-law asked me to paint his house for him. It took me a long time because I was worried about giving him a lame painting! But I really liked how it turned out in the end.
Photobucket

Photobucket

While in Portland Becca Eike and I did some art projects:

Photobucket

We glued maps onto canvas, and then painted on the maps:

Photobucket

On top is our attempts at painting birds. Eike's lovely masterpiece is in the middle, and mine is on the bottom. Somehow I managed to paint flying dolphins instead of birds ha ha!

Photobucket

I also did an owl in a tree.

Photobucket

Here is one of many beanies I've crocheted. I make a lot of stuff to use with photography and to give away. I considered trying to sell some of them them on etsy.com, but they take so long to make that it'd be really hard for me to let them go to strangers. So I'll just use them as gifts. :)

Photobucket

Here's to all things crafty!  It's soooo nice not to have homework to do every evening.  I can't get enough of the freedom of not being a student any more!!! :)

5 comments:

Tricia said...

Brittany! You are AMAZING. I was blown away at how good the painting of our house is! We all love it. It's already hanging in our family room. We just need to find the perfect frame. Thank you Thank you!

Tricia

Our Story said...

Britt: YOU are so AWESOME!!!! I still have the picture of palm trees that you painted from Hawaii hanging in my bathroom. Obviously you have moved onto bigger and better starry starry nights. And just for the record if I EVER have a baby...I want one of those famous beenies. I def will pay what you would have earned on etsy!

Em said...

Seriously? You are soooooo talented! My sisters and I have always loved doing crafty stuff. We made a sisters' craft blog. You can click on the button on my blog to find it:)

Bethany Wiggins said...

I want to hire you to do murals in my kids' rooms! Would you be up for that??? You are is awesome!

cdtolman said...

Your paintings and photos are so beautiful! Could I get in line to have you do a painting of our farmhouse?? I'll pay whatever price!