Apr 17, 2011

The Dresser

I found this website that has totally motivated me to start refinishing furniture and redecorating my house:
http://www.allthingsthrifty.com/

I love the stuff she does on there!   Tiff and I refinished an old dresser of hers, and it's now in my bedroom. 

Before:  (I really think it looked cool before, but I wanted the white with black glaze look)
Photobucket

We primed and painted it antique white:
Photobucket

And then painted black-tinted glaze on, then wiped it off.  This left a nice effect in the crooks and crannies of the dresser, making the details pop:

Photobucket

And after more glazing and reattaching the hardware, she's finished and sitting happily in my bedroom!
Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

Em said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Em said...

This turned out great! I want to try a similar technique on a dresser for Marinne's room!

Bethany Wiggins said...

Beautiful!