Jun 23, 2011

Bedroom Makeover

I had the day off from work and didn't want to spend it sitting around or watching movies.  So on a whim I bought a gallon of paint and redid our bedroom. :)

I've also been refinishing a table & chairs I bought at a garage sale for $40, and finally completed that project.  It took me forever with work and vacationing, but I love how they turned out.

Bedroom before:

Photobucket

Photobucket

The paint I bought wasn't dark enough so I found some old black and some dark brown paint to mix in (and thought it looked cool:)

Photobucket

I painted subliminal messages into the wall, ha ha:

Photobucket

And after all the work:

Photobucket

I got a cool frame for $3 at a garage sale, and after refinishing it hung my wedding bouquet :)

Photobucket

Here's the beautiful chair cushion I sadly removed to reupholster:

Photobucket

And the table with paint stains and lots of scratches:

Photobucket

I ripped the fabric off the cushions:

Photobucket

And stapled new fabric on:

Photobucket

I also refinished the wood table top- sanded, stained, and applied poly-acrylic. And I repainted the chairs and table legs to lighten them a bit.

The grand finale:

Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

Richins Family said...

Everything looks amazing! you are so crafty :) love you

Em said...

Love, love, love the chairs and the wall color! Too bad we don't live closer, because I think we could have fun doing projects together!

Bethany Wiggins said...

Love the green! You are so amazing.