Jun 19, 2011

Yosemite June 2011

We went back to Yosemite this month for eight whole days! (It's usually a 14 hour drive there and back for a three day event.) It was awesome! I don't want to say too much about Todd and his brother Mark, because Todd PROMISED me he would blog about his adventure. :)

But I will say that he completed one of his life goals! And while he and his brother were climbing I was free to drive and hike around and do whatever I felt like. It was really fun to be on vacation without having to accommodate anyone else, lol! I enjoyed the solitude, especially because it basically forced me to make friends with anyone willing to chat.

I met some really cool people, had some great talks, and will never forget some of the things I learned from them. But enough of that, and now for some photos!

As usual, to see more photos click the other blog:
www.brittasphotography.blogspot.com

Upper and Lower Yosemite Falls

Photobucket

The guys gearing up for the day:

Photobucket

Sizing up the challenge

Photobucket

See how much fun I was having all alone? ha ha

Photobucket

My man

Photobucket

OK, this might give away what Todd has promised he'll write about- but do you see the climbers on top of the boot-shaped flake of rock?

Photobucket

That is Todd on the top left part of the boot, and Mark is running below and to the left of the boot doing the "King Swing."

Can you see that same boot-flake on this cliff face? Look really closely...
And I'm serious- just look for it before you scroll to the next pic.

Photobucket

Here it is:

Photobucket

C.R.A.Z.Y!

What kind of adventurous, free spirited, active, fun, free, wild guy did I marry?!?

One who can keep up with me.



(Ha ha, if only! ;)

2 comments:

Bethany Wiggins said...

I loved your movie. The boot is so awesome.

Brett said...

Patiently waiting for Todd's post about El Cap...hurry up!