Oct 20, 2011

RAV4

We got a new (used) car! It's a 2006 Toyota Rav4 with 78k miles on it. And it is bright, bright red.
RAV4 means "Recreation Active Vehicle with 4 wheel drive."  That suits us perfectly!

My nephew Asher needed a good commuting car, and I sold him my Camry(which I loved) so he
 could drive to college.  Well, within a week the darn car was totaled! :(
My poor nephew!!!  Someone hit him hard and he cracked the windshield with
is head and wrapped his torso around the steering wheel. :(  :(  :(
 And he's the one who was ticketed. :(

But-- he is OK and I think a little excited since now he can use the insurance moneyto buy the car
of his dreams! No more cool college kid driving an old iris colored auntie's car named Butter Bunz.  :) 
I think he's looking for a truck.

Anyhow...
I LOVE the new car- it is an SUV but gets 27 mpg and it has optional third row seats that fold down.
 We could have 5 kids and be fine!  (Or 5 cats that can be safely seat belted in.)

This isn't actually our car, but I don't have a photo of it.  It looks exactly the same though.


I hope it lasts us 20 years!  Unless another niece or nephew needs a good car for a good deal, that is :)
...I'd like to document for my future self that we paid cash for this $14k car!  I am so proud of us.  That's a lot of stinkin' money. 

0 comments: