Mar 18, 2014

Phoenix Marathon and Half

Todd did the Phoenix marathon, and I did the half marathon.  It rained and was a little windy and cold, but overall it was a well organized fun race. 

Todd got his personal best for a marathon, 3:14 if I remember correctly. 
I got my personal worst for a half, but I don't care. :)  I wasn't in it for speed, just for being free and able to do something like run 13 miles again.  It feels so good to be in shape!!!!!!!!  It took me 2:30 to finish.

We stayed with Todd's brother and family, the Tim Hammonds.  Libby ran the race too, her first marathon ever!  It was so fun to stay with them and let Avery get to know her Arizona cousins a little better.  Any time one of their 5 kids would sit in my lap Avery would freak out and yell and cry.  She's got something coming to her when we decide to have another child!

Since we both ran the race neither of us had a camera or took any pictures.  Here are a couple photos we did snap with Todd's phone (which have nothing to do with the race):


Avery and Henry, 3 weeks apart in age:

 photo IMG_0225_zps90ecd826.jpg 

I just love how Avery's tummy hangs out over her pants. Tee hee :P 

 photo IMG_0294B_zps31075e7d.jpg 
My beautiful baby is getting big fast. 

 photo IMG_0298_zpsd32ac1f5.jpg

0 comments: