Mar 18, 2014

Happy Anniversary, Eight Years and Counting

Two days before our anniversary we decided to take a trip to St. George to celebrate.  It was a great trip.  I mean it, seriously we had a really good time!  Avery has been getting better and better at going on trips, and it's so nice to be back in the swing of things where we can just pack up and go.  Recently we have been staying in hotels, since camping has been a nightmare with Avery.  But I think she's ready to try camping again. :)

On Saturday we ate out for breakfast, biked 14 miles (up STEEP hills and into HUGE wind gusts which really sucked,) swam in the heated hotel pool, took a fantastic refreshing nap, grabbed some Cafe Rio and ate dinner at Pioneer Park, where we hiked and climbed and watched the sunset.  Avery went to bed and Todd and I relaxed and watched some HGTV (my favorite channel and a special treat whenever we're somewhere with cable.)  What a perfect day!

Sunday Todd went for a 2 hour run, then I went for a 1 hour run.  We packed up and checked out, then went for a 15 mile bike ride along the Virgin River.  It was flat and not windy, and a breeze compared to the previous day.  We picknicked at the park and blew bubbles with Avery, before driving home and getting lunch on the way.  Mmmm, Albertos!  What another fantastic day.

I feel so free and capable and happy.  And we want to have another baby, which I know will take that away from me for a couple years.  So I am really, really enjoying this part of my life right now.  I don't mean that I will be bound and incapable and depressed when I go through another pregnancy and birth, because there is so much happiness and love and bliss in having a baby.  But yeah, I'll be honest.  I'm kinda dreading doing it again.  It was hard.  Really hard.

I just keep reminding myself that going through the difficult parts of pregnancy and having a baby was totally hands down worth it.


Avery spotting daddy: 

Avery literally LOVES climbing.  It's in her blood.
   photo IMG_0369B_zps8c92f529.jpg 

The actual angle of the previous photo's climb: 
   photo IMG_0368_zps4e737417.jpg 

   photo IMG_0373_zpscc45105d.jpg 

Sunset:
   photo IMG_0384_zps444f95d5.jpg 

Biking lunch break
   photo IMG_0390_zpsad085189.jpg 

   photo IMG_0410b_zps992fc50b.jpg 

   photo IMG_0413b_zps4f7b116e.jpg 

Blissfully blowing bubbles with beautiful baby:
   photo IMG_0416_zps8daa9c40.jpg

1 comments:

Bethany Wiggins said...

I love her clothes! When you bike, do you have Avery in a seat on your bike, or is she being babysat? I am so proud of you for doing so much with her. I know how hard it is!