Apr 20, 2014

The Healthy Happy Family

I finished my "12 weeks of crap-free" eating.  Finally.
I also ran a half marathon, and I'm training for a century bike ride.  I rode 50 miles yesterday!  I've lost lots of pounds and feel energized and motivated and excited about life.  Simply put, I feel like myself again.

Todd started the "Specific Carb Diet" a couple months ago.  It is really strict, but supposed to help colitis and maybe even cure it.  Todd can't eat any grains, sugars, corn, potatoes, milk and lots of other things I've forgotten.  He has stared tapering off his meds to see if he can stop taking pills altogether.
I still eat grains but not nearly as much as I used to because I only cook food we can both eat. It wasn't fun to eat in front of someone who was trying not to eyeball me with sad hungry puppy-dog eyes. lol.  At the very least it has transformed our pantry and fridge into our own little produce department!

Avery doesn't eat much, but she loves smearing her food around and rubbing it in her hair.  She's always been quite robust, so we aren't worried about her playing with her food more than eating it.  She is doing great and is such a joy to be around!

And she just woke up, so that ends this post!

1 comments:

Bethany Wiggins said...

Congrats on the healthy body! I know what you mean about cooking something everyone can eat. When I cook something with wheat it breaks my heart to see Cora stare at it and be told she can't eat it.