Aug 16, 2015

Start 'Em Young! Lydia's First Time Camping

We packed up and went camping at Redman's at the top of Big Cottonwood Canyon.  It was wonderful! 

Except for the part where Avery was standing on a tall tree stump right in front of me, then tipped backwards (I reached for her but just barely missed her shirt) and landed on her back with her head on a rock.  That part sucked.

She recovered nicely though, and we had a great time!  Lydia did fantastic and slept as much as she does at home.  She was very serene and content looking around and taking in the tall trees.  Avery slept well and all night.  I was worried that someone would smother Lydia though, so being ever-vigilant I woke up often and didn't sleep well.  Todd didn't get much sleep either.  But we still loved it and plan to camp more often!

In spite of not sleeping well, Todd woke up at 5:30 and went for a 24.5 mile run up and down the canyon.  He's pretty amazing.

Our setup around the fire

Avery and Todd found some boulders to climb





Earth art by Avery: a sun

Lydia had lots of smiles for her Dad


"Take my funny face picture mom!"

Earth art by Britt: a dinosaur

I love this girl!

This is the very shirt I came home from Altaview Hospital in nearly 33 years ago!  I love putting Lydia in it!

Avery looks sinister but was so sweet to Lydia.  They snuggled at night and slept holding hands with their foreheads touching.  Aw...

What to do when we're out of marshmallows? Roast gummy bears!

My baby is getting fat!  Look at the chins on her!! :)

0 comments: