Aug 16, 2015

The Great Outdoors

I've been feeling the call of the Wild lately.  Now that I'm not pregnant and have been cleared for exercise we have been getting outside as often as we can!

We hiked around the S-curve up Big Cottonwood Canyon and Avery was in heaven.  She loved everything outside, but especially the mine opening "Where monsters and spiders live!"

Spot me Daddy!

My little hiker carrying Nay-corn in her backpack.  (Her beloved nasty stuffed animal is now called Nay-corn.)

Multi-tasking: breastfeeding and hiking around.


While hiking with both girls (Todd was up inspecting the cliffs for climbing possibilities) a big rattlesnake rattled and slithered right in front of me!  I've never been close enough to warrant being rattled at, so it really made me nervous!  I was immensely careful and very nervous while bypassing it.  When Todd finally rejoined us I carefully talked him through the best way to avoid it.  He walked right up to it, glanced toward it, then reached down and smacked it!!!!!!!  Because he had "always wanted to."!!!!!!  And he nearly gave me a heart attack, I was so mad!  Though he tried not to laugh at me chewing him out, he did promise to never do it again.

It's in the left/ middle and dark.  Pretty hard to see, but I wasn't interested in getting any closer for a better photo.

0 comments: